FULL-TIME PROJECT MANAGER / FIELD SUPERVISOR FOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY
Jamison Management Company (www.jamico.com) is a property management company serving the South Bay. The Company manages single family and multi-family income properties and currently and currently manages approximately 1200 units in the South Bay. Jamison Management is a full-service management company committed to raising the standards of our industry, while providing the highest level of service and return on investment for our clients. The Company achieves this through implementing best practices, by investing in our employees, and implementing innovative tools that help us better serve our internal and external customers. Our company's Core Values are:
- Innovate and Execute Best Practices
- Exceed Customer Expectations
- Make and Keep Commitments
- Foster Community
- Be a Team Player
- Show Compassion
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager with experience performing Apartment Maintenance to join our maintenance team to serve our apartment communities and single-family residences. Properties are located primarily between Inglewood and San Pedro, with most properties located in Hawthorne and the Beach Cities. The ideal candidate will have experience performing and quoting the jobs that they will be providing estimates for and managing. The person will also be responsible for quality control on our vacancy turn process and maintenance team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and managing people and priorities. This person enjoys finding ways to improve current process and working with others to achieve desired outcomes.
Here are some of the key responsibilities of this position:
- Meet vendors and project site to explain project requirements and obtain estimates
- Monitor and Manage project performance by visiting project site throughout the course of the project and providing guidance to vendors and techs when needed
- Review analytics to assure that projects are on budget
- Communicate with Clients and internal Supervisors with project updates and requirements, via email and phone calls.
- Enter maintenance issues, budget, and estimates into Rent Manager
- Support maintenance staff with purchasing and performing minor maintenance items.
- Manage multiple projects and assure they stay within budget and get completed on time and escalate an variances to the Client and Supervisor
- Help maintenance department and supervisors with customer support and escalations on tenant maintenance issues
- Provide quality control and standardization across our properties
- Perform property inspections
- Knowledgeable of the requirements, costs and time it takes to perform home repairs and upgrades such as:
- Installing plumbing fixtures
- Installing light fixtures
- Installing and repairing drywall
- Painting interior and exteriors
- Installing Appliances (water-heaters, ranges, and dishwashers)
- Installing flooring and molding
- Applying stucco
- Installing shower enclosures
- Installing cabinets, counters and vanities
- Hanging interior and exterior doors
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- KPIs that will be tracked: days to complete project, days vacant, budget variance compared to actual
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Property Management or similar industry
- Team player & works well independently
- Good customer relations skills and ability to interact with tenants and team
- Quick learner with attention to detail
- Willing and able to use technology to complete job
- Valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance and social security card, demonstrating eligibility to work in the United States
- Use own vehicle (preferably a truck or van that can carry tools or supplies)
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Outlook and Excel
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Must provide own hand tools
- Must be able to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient with email
- Must be able to problem solve and think logically under pressure.
- Capable of lifting, pushing, pulling or transporting 60 pounds or more.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Starting compensation is $25-$29/hour depending on experience. Full-time employees are eligible for: medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) with employer match; PTO; Holiday Pay and Discretionary Bonuses.
"Jamison Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO"