An Important Announcement From Our Company
Effective March 20, 2020, due to the Governor's Shelter in Place Order, we have closed our offices but will still be taking calls and responding to emails during our normal office hours, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. We will still be servicing our tenants and customers remotely.
Please know that we are still providing maintenance to those units requiring it. However, please remember our maintenance teams and their families. They deserve protection and to that end, we ask that you:
- Open all of your windows prior and during the time our technician is in your unit.
- Keep all people at least 6 feet away from our technician at all times.
- Make soap and water available to our technician immediately upon arrival, during the visit and at the completion of the job; and, most importantly,
Let us know if anyone in your home shows any symptoms of illness so that we may reschedule for a day when everyone is well.
What If I Cannot Pay Rent Due to COVID-19 Restrictions?
If you are a tenant who will have a significant loss of income that will impact your ability to pay rent within the next couple of months, then you will need to complete the COVID-19 Payment Plan request form (click here for form) and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title "COVID-19 Payment Plan Request." Please include the following information with your email:
- Resident Name(s)
- Address and Unit #
- COVID-19 Payment Plan Request Form
- Any proof you might have from your employer or doctor stating why you cannot work or have reduced hours.
Our team will then make a note of it and work with your Landlord and our Attorneys to figure out the best course of action. We understand that these will be difficult times for many people and we will do our best to be flexible and accommodating while still serving our clients and communities to the best of our ability. Please keep in mind, the properties we manage are individually owned, as such, we cannot give you one policy that will be effective for all of our tenants. As such, we will have to work with each tenant on a case by case basis.
We will aim to get back to everyone who has submitted a payment plan proposal by the 10th of the month. If you have not heard back from someone regarding approval of your payment plan proposal, please follow-up with our office by emailing email@example.com.
CDC – Handouts & Posters
EDD – Unemployment- under the guidelines EDD recently released addressing COVID-19, if employees are temporarily out of work due to COVID-19 they can apply for Unemployment and not be required to actively seek work each week which is a requirement under normal circumstances.
Apartment Association Corona Virus Resources
"Creativity at Home"-by Jamison Management Company
JMC and COVID-19
On March 13th, 2020, our CFO sent an internal memorandum informing our company's corporate personnel, staff, managers, and teams of a new company policy. With the threats of the spread of COVID-19 "Coronavirus", our company consulted with our human resources office to put a plan in action for how our company planned to respond to the guidelines suggested by the CDC.
- We are sanitizing common areas regularly, such as handles, doorknobs, light switches, etc. Wipes and disinfectant will be made available, as supplies are available, for employees who may need to clean desks, keyboards, and other work surfaces.
- Employees may be sent home in an effort to prevent further infection of healthy staff; we encourage sick employees to stay at home. The CDC recommends that you not return to work until you are free of fever or other symptoms for at least 24 hours without medication that may alter symptoms.
- Masks are available and are required for employees who are exhibiting symptoms such as coughing. If masks are not available, as there is a shortage of supply, you will be sent home.
- We are practicing social distancing
- Other emergency measures are being developed in the event of a widespread outbreak in our community.
- We are reviewing the possibility of allowing certain employees to work remotely from home on a temporary basis during this time.
- Business travel will also be minimized
- Employees are encouraged to interact with clients on the phone rather than in-person, if possible.
Basic measures remain the best defense against communicable diseases:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water frequently throughout the day.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow or clothing.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth and eyes.
- Consider the flu shot.
- Do not shake hands with anyone.
- Do not go into a tenant's home without first asking if anyone is sick in the home or has been within the last two weeks. Enter units with caution, and wear PPE when necessary.
We are monitoring government resources such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the California Department of Health on a daily basis for updates and guidance for employers. It is our priority to stay informed as the situation changes and update our clients, employees, and residents of new temporary policies we adopt during this difficult time. We at Jamison Management Company are committed to serving our community with integrity and safety and plan to have more information at the situation evolves.
If you have any questions or concerns for our office regarding these new policies, or about specific concerns we may be able to assist with, please reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamison Management Company